Auto Repair & Services
- Air Filters
- Alternator Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Auto Repair Service
- Belt & Hose Replacement
- Battery Replacement
- Brake Repair
- Car Service & Preventative Mainentance
- Engine Repair
- Cooling System Replacement
- Driveline Repair
- Flat Tire Repair
- Fluid Inspection & Replacement
- Oil Change Service
- Suspension Repair & Alignment
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Installation
- Tire Rotation
- Auto Tune-Ups
- Wheel Alignments
- Windshield Wiper Blades
Muffler Repair & Exhaust Inspection
Muffler inspection and repair in NH and ME
While your exhaust system might seem simple to the naked eye, it also happens to be one of the hardest working parts of your vehicle. It is a series of pipes and tubes that act as both your catalytic converter (which converts toxic fumes into exhaust gas) and a silencer, which actively cuts down on noise caused by your vehicle. Other functions performed by the exhaust system include maintaining fuel efficiency and helping the engine run as intended.
The states of New Hampshire and Maine require emissions testing when you inspect your vehicle. Because of this, addressing potential exhaust issues early can help save money. Potential symptoms of exhaust trouble include:
- Your car is running louder
- Your miles per gallon seems to have dropped
- You notice an odor coming from your exhaust
- You hear a vibration or shaking of your muffler when idling.
- You notice that your muffler is “hanging” or dangling too low
Learn more about common symptoms of exhaust problems below.
Need Muffler or Exhaust Repair in NH or ME?
Schedule an Appointment Online, We can help!
Find Your Nearest Stratham Tire Location
Common Symptoms of an Exhaust Problem
One of the most obvious signs there might be an exhaust problem is a loud and deep rumbling coming from your car, many times it will sound like it’s coming from right beneath you. This could mean a piece of the exhaust system is lose or needs repairs. There are a variety of other symptoms to look out for as well. For instance, a loose catalytic converter could create a loud rattling sound, while noticeable vibrations could come from either an exhaust leak or something as simple as a loose heat-shield.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms like these, schedule an appointment today to have an expert diagnose your exhaust system.
You should Have your Exhaust System Checked Periodically
Checking your exhaust system prior to emissions testing can save you money in the long run.
At Stratham Tire, our auto repair specialists are adept at diagnosing and repairing a wide variety of exhaust symptoms. For your exhaust evaluation, you can expect Stratham Tire’s experts to do the following:
- Ensure that mounts are secure and there are no cracks in your exhaust system.
- Check the catalytic to converter to ensure toxic emissions are properly converted into exhaust gas
- Evaluate your oxygen sensors
- Check exhaust manifolds and gaskets for wear
- Inspect the muffler for signs of wear and corrosion
Do you have questions about problems with your exhaust system?
The experts at Stratham Tire have answers
Contact Stratham Tire today to get the answers you’re looking for, and schedule an appointment or the service that your vehicle relies on.